Briody (“us“, “we” or “our“) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains how we collect, use, process, and disclose your information, including personal information and how we keep it secure. The Data Controller for the purpose of this Policy is Briody Holdings Limited (“Briody”).
We collect information about you from three sources. This includes information we collect directly from you, information we automatically collect when you visit our sites or view our online content and information we collect about you from other sources.
1.1 Information we collect directly from you
We collect the following information directly from you when you choose to participate in our marketing campaign programs, to register your interest in our services and products, to subscribe to our emails, to call or email us, or otherwise provide information directly to us.
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Other information that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact usWe use technologies to automatically collect the following information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them when you visit our sites or view our online content.
1.2 Information automatically collected
- service usage data;
- login information (account number and password)
- device number;
- the IP address of the visitor’s web server;
- the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net);
- the previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search term used;
- location based data; and
- Google analytics which shows the traffic or visitors around this website such as pages access and documents downloaded
1.3 Information we collect from third parties
We may collect information about you from third parties when you share an article using a link to a third party service (e.g. Facebook, Linkedin Twitter and Instagram). We do not control or supervise how the third parties providing your information process your personal data.
The Third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service.
2.How we use this information
We may use your information to:
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
- notify you of changes to our services or policies;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective, responsive and compatible manner for you and for your computer or device;
- respond to your requests for information and other communication or correspondence you may submit to us;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- improve our products and services that we provide to you;
- carry out statistical analysis and market research;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so;
- investigate any improper use of our products, services or the network; and
- carry out activities necessary to the running of our business, including systems testing, network monitoring, staff training and quality control.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose.
3. Sharing and Disclosure of information
3.1 Sharing with third parties.
We consider your Data to be private and confidential. We may sometimes disclose your Data to agents or service providers appointed by us, to regulatory bodies, to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries or to others who work for us in connection with the provision of products and/or services to you.
We may access and/or disclose your Data if required to do so by law or in good faith and belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform with the law or comply with legal process served on us; (b) protect and defend our rights or property including, without limitation the security and integrity of our network and systems; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of customers, users of our services or members of the public.
We may use credit scoring when assessing your order. In the event that we sell or buy businesses or assets, we may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We may also provide aggregated and/or anonymous information to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our Site.
For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our Site, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our Site, or the activities that visitors to our Site engage in while on our Site.
The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include our website design, development and hosting contractors.
3.2 Retention Period
We retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
4. Your choices
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our products and services, then you can contact us following the contact details below.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone, post or text message unless you have given your prior consent. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 0498541289.
We endeavour to keep your data accurate, complete and up to date. If your information that we hold is inaccurate, you can let us know and we will make the necessary amendments, erase or block the relevant Data as you request and notify you within one month of your request that relevant action has been taken. All requests should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also request in writing copies of your Data held by us as a data controller. We will provide you with a copy of the Data held by us as soon as practicable and in any event, not more than one month after the request in writing is received by us. We may also request proof of identification to verify your access request. All access requests should be addressed to email@example.com
5. Links to other sites and social media
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites and web platforms. In addition, third parties websites may also provide links to the Site. If you follow a link to any of those websites or web platforms, please note that those websites and web platforms have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies.
Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites. We do not accept, and we disclaim, any responsibility for the privacy statements and information protection practices of any third party website (whether or not such website is linked on or to the Site).
These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only, and you access them at your own risk. It is your responsibility to check the third party website’s privacy statements before you submit any personal data to their websites.
6. Cookies and Other Technologies
CDG Brand and our third-party service providers use a variety of technologies to assess how our sites are used, to personalise your experience and to deliver you advertising, including online content, tailored to your interests.
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a site that can be understood by the site that issued the cookie. We use the information collected by cookies to remember who you are to log you in and your preferences, to provide to you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests and to assess how our sites are used.
You can accept or decline cookies through your web browser settings. To learn more, please look at the cookie settings available in your specific web browser(s).
6.2 Other Technologies